All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Birthday Joy

I know Millie won't remember a thing about her birthday party on Saturday, but I will treasure every detail. Here are some things I especially loved:

1. Kids in costumes! From fairies to puppies to kangaroos to lady bugs, the babies were adorable and shockingly content in their dress-up gear.

2. The hum of chaos in the air! Rattles were shaking, tinny nursery rhymes were playing, and my favorite -- shrieks of laughter were bouncing off the walls.

3. Grandparents galore! All four of Millie's grandparents were a part of her special day. And as a super-extra-special treat, her cousin Kaitlin traveled all the way from Connecticut to celebrate with us. This is especially significant since we're never quite sure where the Navy will take us in this life. We can grab on to these moments and memories when we are far away from family.

4. It was a true celebration of life! I made it a point to take deep breaths and really take it all in. I watched the friends and babies from my church moms group who have become like family to me and Millie. I teared up watching Christopher comfort Millie in the mayhem. And I gave thanks that all of this was possible at all -- a dream realized.

Here are a few photos from the big day:

Cheerleader Aliyah, Chicken Millie and Fairy Grace

Beautiful Chaos

Ladybugs Violet and Taylor, Penguin Braden and Fairy Grace

No comments: