All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thursday Morning Movies

Now I'm starting to feel a little bit embarrassed about my parenting routines. But I swear, this is a fun one for all of us. On the Thursday mornings that I can get my act together, we all load up for a trip down to one of the Navy bases nearby that offers FREE kids movies at their rec center. The best part of this (other than the free part), is that we almost always have the entire theatre to ourselves. So, just like my mom used to do, I pop some popcorn and pack up the snacks and we settle in for some Shrek/WallE/ShrekIII/Fly Me To the Moon/Madagascar. Simon can scream, Millie can dance around, I can eat coke and popcorn at nine in the morning...pure luxury.




Sometimes Simon gets to take a nap, too. Ok, don't judge...he's on two blankets AND carpeting!

After the movie we hit the playground on the way home. See...there's some exercise in this outing!

1 comment:

katrinahsmith said...

OH!! This cracks me up! Shrek and Millie...Simon conked out on the dirty theater floor! Hilarious. Miss you.