All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

While Daddy's Away...

...we're trying to laugh through these very long days! Christopher left for Guam yesterday so I've tried to keep our mornings full of fun activities. A few shots of what we've been up to:

Hanging and playing with Brynn (and her parents Jill & Brent)

A visit to Scripps Aquarium yesterday. Seemed like a great idea until BOTH kids decided to be afraid of the darkened rooms and glowing fish tanks. Ugh.

I walked into the kids' room to get them up from naps yesterday and WOW...it was stinky in there. When I started asking around about the source of the stink, here's what Simon had to say for himself...

I asked him if he pooped and he just looked at me and then lifted up his shirt to show me where I could find it. Ummm...awesome. Kid can't say mommy yet, but he has a very full non-verbal vocabulary!

And while we're on the subject of funny vocabularies, today during lunch Millie told me that Si had a " 'roni tattoo". WHAT? What are you talking about? Sure enough, I looked over at Simon and somehow he had a macaroni plastered to his bicep. Lots of questions here: How did that macaroni get there? Why is a tattoo the first thing Millie thinks of when something is plastered to someones arm?

We are all missing Christopher like crazy and really appreciating everything he does for this family. Counting the days until he returns...

No comments: