All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tiny Dancer


When I used to dream about having kids, a few scenes would pop into my mind...sitting on the sidelines of a soccer game; the first day of kindergarten; family dinners. And surprisingly, despite my very strong anti-girly-girlness, I imagined having a little girl who would spin around the room in ballet class. Millie has fulfilled that dream and more.

I signed her up for some low-key dancing at our gym (the YMCA), and we went shopping together to gather the gear. The shoes were purchased first and have been worn every single day since (she even napped in them a few times). We counted out on our fingers how many days were left until ballet class, and many people were confused when she held up her pinkie and said "This is ballet day." In a happy coincidence, her first class happened on Monday while Christopher was off work, so he got to watch it all. And I am happy to report that she loved it just as much as I hoped she would.




1 comment:

Libbey said...

From Mad and Skye: "Congratulations Millie!" (They must think she's in a recital or something :)
She looks so much older to me! Sounds like you all had so much fun and made a great memory!
Skye loves to wear Madeleine's dance dresses and dance shoes too. My homophobic mother does not like this :)
Hope you all are doing well. Love you!