All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Friday, April 9, 2010

Growing Up (Subtitle: This One's For You, Katrina)

Weeks and weeks ago we all helped Millie's friend Brynn celebrate her fourth birthday at her "Princess Party". Millie doesn't have any princess gear per se, so we decked her out in the fanciest of all her dress up clothes. It was such a great party with lots of creative games, crafts, food. Here's the photo that brings a lump to my throat. Doesn't she look so grown up?

Waiting patiently during a "Princess and the Pea" game

My friend Katrina, mom to Aliyah, is a sly one. Seemed like every time I turned my back on her she found a way to get Millie in the frilliest, laciest princess contraption she could find...just to freak me out. She'll be delighted with this whole situation.

1 comment:

katrinahsmith said...

HAHAHAHAH!! I love this post-not just for the personal dedication but also for the yucky pink frills that Millie is rarely in! I did have fun with giving you such a bad time with the princess junk since I too feel that way (Taking your recommendation and reading "Packaging Girlhood"). Anyhow no girlhood can be complete without a few princess parties--I am sure that this is not the first your family will endure! :)