All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Bit of Randomness

I've begun taking photos of our everyday life here...just the regular stuff that I know I will remember fondly as the beautiful minutiae that filled our days.  A few random tidbits...  

We're headed off to do some bug hunting.  Mils is equipped with her magnifying glass and trusty backpack.

We encounter ants, lots of snails, and these two hilarious dogs in a neighbor's window.  Check out how furiously they are barking at the kids.  So funny.
  
Christopher and I made this cape for Millie for Christmas.  I was silently devastated when she quickly lost interest and it hung alone in the closet.  Ah Ha!  It's become a new favorite and Super Millie has been racing around our house!

Super Millie to the rescue!  Helping Simon spin some dancing tunes.  I have no idea why neither of them are wearing shirts here.  I'd like to blame it on watermelon eating, but who really knows...
  
A nightly event is the family walk around the block with Casey (usually minus Mom, who is most often at home pulling dinner together). Sometimes Mils is on her bike; Simon likes to push the baby stroller or ride Millie's old tricycle. It's a lot for Christopher to manage, really, but he's gotten to know a lot of neighbors who seem to look forward to his evening caravan.

Quick break to teach Millie how to shake hands: "Nice to meet you.  I'm Millie."

You have no idea how exciting this is:  Simon is willingly holding my hand!  We've been working on this for MONTHS and most often it ends in an attention-drawing drag/dangle/swing of Simon across a busy street during which he is screaming and kicking the entire way. I'm pretty excited he's decided to cooperate in his own safety measures.

No comments: