All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Friday, July 23, 2010

TWO!

Before we packed up I managed to upload a few photos from Simon's low-key birthday celebration:





Work begins on the infamous "truck cake".


Millie picked out this truck for Simon.  He LOVES it.  Millie said "I knew Simon would like it."  Sweet.


Score!  Train table and approximately 1000 train pieces and parts found at a very affordable price on Craigslist.  Both of them loved  this one.







And dinner was...where else...CiCi's!  


Simon HATED his cake.  I mean he screamed and cried at just the sight of it.  What...you're not totally down with the electric yellow frosting, black licorice truck arms and shady donut tires?  Imagine that!  Seems like I have a pretty sorry track record when it comes to homemade birthday cakes.  Maybe the universe is telling me to give it up and head straight for the ice cream cakes.  Yessss!

Someday this kid might have a normal birthday with a party and friends and the whole thing.  But then again, it might not happen all that often since the Navy likes to move us in the middle of summer.  For now we'll make sure to stop and celebrate all that Simon means to our family.  He's an amazing kid...not sure how we were chosen to raise him, but I feel lucky for it everyday.

2 comments:

LB said...

That look on his face while he's looking at his cake is priceless. I'm laughing so hard right now. I think the cake is awesome but of course, I'm not two. So funny.
Lv Laura

Sybil Anne Strimbu said...

I love the photo of Simon and his cake. Thanks for the laugh. Luckily, there are three grocery stores in Charlottesville that sell Carvel® ice cream cakes.