All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Scenes from a Morning...

Today, the gratitude came easy.  It came to me in a butterfly nightgown carrying a shaky cup of hot coffee and the proudest grin across her face.  It came in monkey pajamas with a banana in one hand and a cup of cereal in the other -- just for me, with a chocolate covered almond nestled down in there because a special day deserved a special treat.  And even though it came at 6:05 am, I was happy to let it wash over me and snuggle me close in the half empty bed.  I let it remind me of the months and years when I feared that this family was a dream not meant for me.  And I remembered my own mom, the woman who made it all possible and showed me the way to really love a family.

So while we were a man down for this mother's day, we didn't feel alone or lonely.  We stuck close together.  Marveled at our baby girl.  Laughed through dinner in our neighbors' backyard.  And gave thanks for all that we've been given.  It is a lot.






1 comment:

Kimmy J said...

So sweet! Glad you had a great day! You are a wonderful Mom!