All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Monday, September 16, 2013

Si Does School

Simon started Kindergarten two weeks ago.  The actual starting date was all a little touch and go, due to some questionable translation on my part.  But once we got there, he just took off like it was home away from home.  Again, I am amazed at this.  I understand that the language of play is universal, but I am so proud of the way he has jumped in to this.  Everyday he comes home with a new story of a game that he learned, a song they sung (in German of course), a friend he has made.  My favorite comment, made ever-so-casually: "Mom, sometimes when I'm trying to think of a word, I forget my English and only think of German."  Wow.  While we are not quite this close to having a grasp of the language, it gives me hope that it will come, in time.

Some pics of his first day.




The daily walk/scooter/wagon/stroller ride.  It's a five minute walk through the village.  


On his way into Sunshine Kindergarten!



Seems pretty excited about it.  Everyone does, actually.  As usual, school proves to be such a wonderful place for me to meet friends as well.  So many moms and dad have gone out of their way to welcome us (in English!) and show us the ropes.  It's a soft, warm landing place for all of us.

No comments: