All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dedication

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
3 John 4



Our sweet Amelia was dedicated to the Lord on Saturday, September 8th. There was so much meaning packed into this amazing evening...I want to remember every single detail. All of her grandparents were there, plus Uncle Joshua and our dear friends (and Christopher's former boss) Jim and Jennifer McPherson. One of the sweetest details: Millie was dedicated alongside two of her friends from our Bible Study/Playgroup, Lucy and Aliyah.

Millie wore the christening dress that I wore when I was a baby. My Grandma King made it for me using the same material as my mom's wedding dress. Really amazing and touching that my Grandma could be a part of this day.

So here's a photo of the family outside of our church. Wait a minute, you say. That looks like a coffee shop, not a church. Yep, the church owns and operates a coffee shop here on the Hill and Saturday night services are held downstairs. Pretty awesome for this caffeine addict!



And here's Pastor Mark dedicating our angels.

No comments: