All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

One Great Week

Popham Beach, Maine

We are home from an awesome family vacation. It was a full one...
We kicked off the week with lots of success at the Northeast, MD Triathlon. Christopher set a personal best (he did it under three hours!) and I survived the run portion of the relay event with my mom (swam heroically) and sister-in-law Jennie (got a killer time on the bike). The team met all our goals, so I can officially hang up the running shoes forever. Let the celebration begin!






On our drive up the coast we stopped in South Berwick, the town I lived in from fifth through eighth grades. Millie and I are pictured in front of my elementary school. It was so much fun to see our house and the beaches where we spent most of every summer when we lived here.





We stayed in Brunswick, Maine and made a day trip to Boothbay Harbor and Popham Beach. Can you almost taste the lobster roll? My ankles go numb just thinking about the cold Atlantic. It was a wonderful, relaxing summer day.




Christopher and Millie at the Portland Sea Dogs game (she has not yet inherited her mother's fear of mascots).




This trip took us to see old friends, favorite towns, baseball games, golf tournments, and half of the east coast. Best of all, it was our first big vacation as a family of three. Christopher and I worked together and enjoyed spending so much time together. And Millie was a flexible, happy, laid-back dream. I love this life we're making.

No comments: