All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Visit to Auntie Jules...


...who happens to live in warm, sunny San Diego! It was a glorious warm-up for mom and Mils. Well, it was glorious AFTER the sweaty debacle of the flight out there, which ended with both of us spread out and crying on the floor of the bulk-head...can you imagine??? Julie lives in La Jolla now, just a block over from the little apartment where Christopher and I spent the first five years of our marriage and just a block from my favorite beach in the world. I visited my coffee-guy on the corner (twice) and my bagel shop down the street. I saw old friends and did some preliminary house/neighborhood hunting for our upcoming move. Mils soaked up all the love and attention from her Aunt and thrived in the CA sunshine. But beyond the weather, this trip really gave me a lot of peace about our move. I know I'll be devastated to leave my parents and wonderful friends here, but I now know that I'm going to a place that feels very much like home. We are so blessed to have two 'home towns'.

OK...I have about a hundred photos from the trip, so I've tried to post a few highlights:



No comments: