All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Friday, June 6, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza!

Whew. I am recovered. Thanks to some extraordinary planning by my super-thoughtful husband and a marathon day of babysitting by my parents, I celebrated my 36th birthday in style. It was my perfect day. Here's how it unfolded:

Christopher made nine cards spelling out "HAPPY B-DAY" to tell me about our day's activities. He made breakfast for us (stuffed french toast!) and then arranged for my mom to come down to stay with Mils for the day. I've been wanting to invest in a nice digital SLR camera, so he found a great one to us to rent for the day. We had lunch at one of my favorite spots, Teaism, and then...get this...he hired a professional photographer to give me a two hour private lesson! It was awesome. I learned how to use the camera, about aperature and shutter speed, how to set-up and frame shots, and how to catch Millie (and eventually Baby GII) on the run. After the lesson we caught a movie and brought take-out dinner home to share with my parents. Wowzers. I only had one small blood-sugar-related melt-down that was quickly solved with popcorn, coke and an air-conditioned movie theater! It was a day that was tailored to my favorite things and for that I am so grateful to Christopher.

A sample of my early photography efforts.

So many friends sent cards, text messages phone calls and lot of well-wishes. Thank you for making my day so special

1 comment:

Maeve McDonald said...

Happy Birthday, Stacey! You have an exciting year ahead with your expanding family! Can't wait to read all about it on your blog over the next year.