All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Monday, June 30, 2008

Showered with Love and Friendship

Now here's taking it to the next level: my sweet friends hosted a baby shower for me and my SECOND baby! It's just the most touching, generous gift. Last weekend Lauren and Katrina went all out and put on such a cool party. I don't know which was better...the homemade macaroni and cheese 'muffins' or the amazing gathering of family and friends. OK. Totally kidding. I DO know which is better, but it might have been a closer call a few months ago! Both grandmas-to-be-again were in attendance as were my sister-in-law Jennie all the way down from Connecticut and my pal Whitney up from Richmond. We got lots and lots of great, fun stuff, including beach and surf themed gear for our California baby. Lots of laughter, advice, badgering to reveal the baby's name...it was an awesome night. Thanks, friends.

Lauren, Katrina and 'The Belly'

Wowzers. Great food! Note mac & cheese delights in the upper left corner.

Babies galore! We're all pregnant! Anna, in the middle, is due in November. Michelle is due in January.

Up to this point, I haven't allowed myself to be sad about the thing I cannot change: we are moving away from here very soon. This is the life we've chosen (the military) and we will make the best of whatever comes our way. But these last few weeks have shown me just how much I'll leave behind when I get on that plane to San Diego in a few weeks. We have been blessed with a church that challenges and sustains us; we have found friends who have become like family to us and to Millie; and we have known the depth of comfort and love that being so near to family can bring. Now I'm getting sad and trying not be scared. God has blessed with more than we ever knew we needed or wanted, so I need to find the faith to know He'll do it again and again. So if you happen to catch me in a quiet moment with tears in my eyes, it's probably a safe bet that the pregnancy hormones have kicked in. But it could also be that I am feeling overwhelmed with gratitude and love and searching for a bit of hope for the next leg of our life's journey.

2 comments:

Sharon Simon said...

What a beautiful post! Stacey, just the little bit that we have been able to spend time together has shown me what an awesome person you are. Such a beam of sunshine! May God bless you and keep you in the next leg of the journey.
Your sister in Christ,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

WE are sad!! Just promise to visit! California will welcome you with open arms and warm non-humid days.