All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 5, 2008

Over the past two years, I can't even begin to count the number of people who have told me how fast these years with my kids will fly by. I've heard that these years, while my babies are still babies, are the best, sweetest times in life. And if I really think about all that I inevitably start to feel sad, because I just can't stop time. Seems like every time Millie wakes up from another nap she knows a new word or a new song or has decided to do something 'all by herself'. Simon is already five months old! It's awesome to watch their little personalities change, but I always wonder...can they possibly get any cuter than they are right now? Yes. Unbelievably, the answer is yes.

So I am always mindful of really soaking up this good stuff. When I start feeling like I am just 'getting through' a day, I try to step back and remember that I won't always have these little miracles running around my house. Yesterday was a really great day, a day that I'll want to remember for a long time. Nothing spectacular happened. Nobody won the World Series or was elected President. It was just a regular day but we really made the most of the time we had together.

It started out with a picture perfect power walk along the beach with Julie and the kids. Short sleeves and smoothies in December! YES! We ran a few errands and then had lunch together. At some point yesterday Julie taught Millie how to sing "Away in the Manger" (so cute...the sound of hearing Millie sing "the little lord Jesus" in her hilarious little accent just melts my heart). Dad came home early from work, just in time for us all to pack it up and head down to Coronado Island for a Christmas festival and super-fun parade. We spread a blanket on the grassy median, shared some pizza slices and watched the neighborhood parade until it was time to head home and climb into bed, tired, festive, and happy.

See, there was nothing and everything special about a day like this.


Kisses on the boardwalk






Millie pushes Si...all by herself!



She loves Pho...and is actually not bad with the 'sticks'


No comments: