All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Sponge

My mom has always commented that Millie seems very aware of what's going on around her...she really doesn't miss a thing. Millie proved this last night. We've had lots of rain here for the past two days (the newscasters are excitedly calling this a 'winter storm'!) and there has been some flooding, mudslides, etc. The news last night covered a pretty dramatic rescue of about 50 horses from a ranch that was completely flooded. The horses had to swim to safety in water that was over their heads. Next thing we know, Millie has gathered all of the ox, donkeys and sheep from our nativity sets and carried them into the family room. She announces that "the cows are swimmin''! So funny.

And today on our way to the airport we were listening to Christmas music (as usual) and Millie announced that she "No like that one. Want Santa Baby." Ummm...excuse me? I'm almost certain that I'd take ANY other Christmas song besides Santa Baby, even Feliz Navidad (the offending song, which I don't mind at all). Well, exept for that Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer one. I had no idea she was listening that closely. I guess my gangsta rap days are over.

No comments: