All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Cupcake and The Shark



The kids had some very strong ideas about what they wanted to be for Halloween this year (one glimpse at the Pottery Barn Kids Halloween catalog and the deal was sealed).  I was all set to hit "buy" on the website until my sister Julie bullied/coerced/convinced me to buck up and make them something.  We both have really great memories of some very special homemade costumes from our childhood.  I'm not certain I can ever live up to my mom's magic, but we sure had a great time this Halloween.  We jumped at a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: we trick-or-treated on the famous and historical lawn on the grounds (campus) of UVA...right in front of the rotunda.  All of the fourth-year students who live in the little rooms around the lawn come out to hand out candy to the kids.  What a cool experience. 


Christopher took it up a notch and created his own "Shark-bitten Surfer"costume to go with Si's shark.


I was the cupcake's baker.
 
 

A decorated room with some festive students.


Fun.  Beautiful.  Unforgettable.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love the family picture! You guys look too cute!