All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Glimpse

What a great Christmas.  We spent two full weeks away from home, visiting both families over the long break.  My brothers flew in from Denver/Boulder and my sister was in from LA, so we hit the Steinbeiss house first.  We spent long, fun days reading, playing, movie-watching, cookie-making, eating (oh the eating) and just catching up with each other.  Christopher had a meeting in DC so the kids and I made a quick dash in with him one day to visit a couple of friends.  It was a perfect, low-key, family-centered holiday.

After Christmas we headed up to Delaware for the Greer celebrations.  The cousins were reunited,which is, for me, one of the highlights of our visit.  Kaitlin and Millie are the same age, just four months apart, and LOVE playing together...baby dolls, singing, silly made up games.  It's all so sweet and makes me thankful we are here on the east coast so these girls can build their relationship.  We had a great visit with lots of game playing, lots more eating and lots of laughing.

So here's the deal on the photos.  I intentionally left my camera alone for most of the holiday.  I wanted to really be IN the moments of these times with the kids instead of scrambling to find a lost camera and then stressing about goofy smiles, mis-matched outfits, or potential melt downs.  Thankfully, on both sides of the family there are photographers MUCH more talented than me who jumped right in to document the memories.  Once I get my dad's photos and sort through Tim's generous collection of photos I'll post a few.

As a preview:





With Caedmon and baby Genevieve.


Aliyah, we missed you!

No comments: