All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Monday, September 3, 2012

Nature's Playground

One of my favorite things about spending our summer in Louisville was the unending natural beauty.  Everywhere we went, looked...stunning.  Here's a little trail along a creek just outside of Boulder.  It has been Casey and my Dad's favorite walking spot this spring, and the kids and I took an awesome walk there one morning.  


Mils handled the dog.



Si ran and jumped and explored.


And on the way back the kids hopped in the creek and played -- waded through it, climbed these boulders along side it, gained confidence trying new tricks on their own.  


As I watched them play and explore I thought about this land as the most natural of playgrounds.  We love a good plastic side and climbing structure, but somehow, this just felt so right.  Just as it should be.  I was re-energized to try to find this type of play back at home.  

No comments: