All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Big Man

We've got a big one on our hands. Simon had his two month doctor visit yesterday and confirmed what we have known...he's a growing boy. He weighs 12 pounds, 15 ounces (80th %ile) and is 24 inches long (90th %ile). My reaction to this news was relief. At least he was on the charts. Gauging from the reaction of the moms I meet at the park, I was raising some kind of amazon child ("WOW!! He's only eight weeks old? He's really big, huh?"). I think he's just very alert and smiley. It's so fun to see new changes each day (he's recognizing us and Millie now).

This morning we joined some moms for a walk and I ended up carrying Simon in the baby pouch for about 2 miles (ouch) and then went straight to the grocery store for the second leg of my baby juggling olympics. All I'm sayin' is that this nap time had better last at least two hours. My tired feet need a break!

OK. Yard sale is tomorrow. I'm slightly embarrassed to be putting all my junk on the front lawn for my new neighbors to peruse, but whatever. I just need it out of my life and if selling all of it enables me to buy some backyard play gear, then I'll deal with the humiliation. Or maybe I'll watch the kids and make Julie and Christopher deal with the humiliation!

No comments: