All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Cousins, My Friends

When I was growing up, some of my most vivid memories of time spent with our extended family were with my cousin Courtney. We always lived far away from Court & Aunt Pat & Uncle Darrel, but our families brought us together for holidays, camping trips, summer vacations, and lots and lots of fun. Oh the shows that were produced during these visits...choreographed magic to the tunes of Pat Benetar and Air Supply. Julie and I were ALWAYS the back-up singers to Courtney's headline act, by the way. Good times.

So it was pretty exciting when Aunt Pat, Uncle Darrel, Courtney and her whole family decided to plan a little family reunion here in San Diego last week. My parents were in town to help celebrate Simon's big day, so it was a perfect chance for us all to be together again (we missed my brothers, though). It was awesome to watch our kids get to know each other. Courtney and John have five year old twins, Ella & Finn, and nearly-one-year old 'Baby Maeve'. Millie was absolutely captivated with the twins. She looked at them with such adoration and admiration. And I'll say that it was well deserved. These kids were so genuinely caring and engaging with both Mils and Si. When we tucked Millie in for bed at night or got her up first thing in the morning, she always asked about "my cousins" or "my friends". I love that she used these terms interchangably. Because isn't that what you really want...for your family members to also be your friends?



Is it showtime, girls?

Finn and Si hanging out at dinner.





This was a fun day: pool time and lunch at their resort.



Just one of many very sweet moments with Ella and Simon.

Beautiful Maeve

No comments: