All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Triathlete & SUPERDAD!

Christopher had his first triathlon of the season this weekend, and he chose an intimidating race to kick off the season. He did the SuperFrog/SuperSeal triathlon here on Coronado Island. It's organized by (and therefore filled with) Navy Seals. But I've got to tell you...Christopher totally held his own. No, he more than held his own. He ROCKED it. He set a new PR (personal record) and looked like a superstar doing it. I am so proud of him.

Meanwhile, Jules and I were in a contest all our own with the kids. We juggled strollers, snacks, diapers, naps, meltdowns, you name it. The way the course was laid out we were able to see Christopher many times during the race which made it so much fun for us. And wait 'til you get to the end of these photos...makes me tear up just remembering it.

Wearing Daddy's neoprene cap





Watching Daddy transition from swim to bike

This is the one that gets me...he's carrying BOTH kids across the finish line with him! After completing a killer triathlon! They announced the kids' names as he crossed the line...people were going nuts...I was crying. It was awesome!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Great job setting a new PR. So, did you get a time bonus for carrying Millie and Simon across the finish line?

Mark said...

That is fantastic! Great job on the PR, C. Love the finish line pic, too.

LB said...

I'm all teary-eyed reading this! Such a sweet pic & memory! I'm a sucker for races though - the human interest stories I make up as people cross the finish line ALWAYS make me cry!
- Laura B.

Deniel Hopkins said...

good post and love the photos!! especially that last one!! keep tri-ing