All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

All About Amelia, Simon & Hannah

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who Are You...And What Did You Do With Stacey?

A real shocking situation around here today:

1. Just made a batch of lemon bars (using lemons from our own tree, no less) in preparation for a visit from our pastor tonight. No...we are not in any trouble. We are helping with a search committee thingy.
2. Whoa, add that to the list. I'm part of a search committee thingy.
3. I have defrosted and am currently marinating meat for dinner tonight. Yep, a full three hours ahead of time.
4. There is laundry on a clothes line in the back yard. And it's even ours!
5. If there was a hidden camera in the house, it would have caught me doing a full "Barnyard Dance"...in the bathroom...with Simon in my arms...with Millie on the pot...with shouts of encouragement to Mils thrown in between dance moves. All shame has left me.
6. And now, with some time to myself I am covering my graying roots with a home solution on my hair.

It's a drastic turn of events for the girl who only recently donated her very favorite 'power suit' and can still remember what it smells like in the Senate cloakroom (bad cologne and wood cleaner). My dad is now laughing his head off, thinking of my complete lack of 'domestic skills' during my 20's. I often wonder how I scored such an amazing husband...he must have seen some small glimmer of potential. And now here I am...responsible for keeping at least two other humans alive and happy on a daily basis. Pretty crazy stuff. Pretty awesome, fun stuff.

The Sleeping Beauties...
(photos were taken just a few minutes ago)

Millie's trying out her 'new big girl bed' (inflatable toddler bed) in preparation for our vacation at the end of May. She'll need to sleep on it for three weeks, so we want to get her good and ready. She loves it, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Wooo! Way to go, mama! Love your take on your "new" life!

Big hugs,
Tara

Sybil said...

We would have loved to see your barnyard dance. Perhaps you should have kept your power suit for such performances. :)